f

Thursday, January 6, 2011

I'm BUSSTED!!

The time is finally here. I am finally starting my pattern line!! I'm very excited. The name of my line will be a play on my name, Bussted, as in you've been found out. We've all seen the look of shock on some one's face when they've found out that we made what we are wearing.
The first pattern is a vintage inspired jacket. The jacket has the look of being a vest and jacket, but the vest is actually just two panels that are attached to the shoulder seams of the outer jacket.
The "vest" portion is held to the body by a fabric covered elastic belt.
The sleeves are a dolman shape. The front hangs fairly flat against the body, but the back has quite a bit of fullness and hangs beautifully away from the body.
The first view of the jacket was made in wool crepe and lined in a cotton.
The second view was made in velvet. I decided to have some fun with the vest.
I cut strips of my backing fabric, cording and black velvet ribbon, sewed them all together and then backed the "vest" in velvet. The coordinating fabric has an antique purple cast to the fabric.
This photo gives a better view of the fullness in the back.
So, how do you get a pattern? Well, here's the surprise, I'm giving away 25 patterns! Yes, the first 25 are free, but as we all know, nothing is really free. In order to get one of the patterns, you must be a follower on my blog, not a secret follower, but actually sign up to follow the blog. I am also asking that you will commit to making the garment. You will be helping me by giving me feedback.
So to receive the pattern, first, become a follower on this blog. Once you have signed up, send me an email, rhondabuss@hotmail.com. Once I have received your email, I will respond that I have received your request and that you will be receiving a pattern. I will be sending the patterns out the first week of February. What if you aren't one of the first 25? The patterns will be available on Etsy February 7th. The launch price will be $10.00, and the $10.00 price will include shipping.
The patterns are in Small, Medium and Large. If you buy a medium piece of clothing, then you will order a medium jacket.
I am so very grateful to those who have always believed in me. Thank you. I am also so very grateful to my grandmother who so patiently sat and taught me to do so much. I know I talk too much, but I just have to share this story with you. When I was around 4 years old, I told my grandmother that I couldn't wait to have grandchildren. She thought that I didn't quite understand and explained that I had to have children first. I told her, "Oh, I understand that. I just can't wait to have someone love me as much as I love you."



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

4 comments:

  1. That's really exciting news! Good luck with your venture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Congratulations Rhonda! Love the name of your pattern collection. Not to mention how great the jackets look. I truly would like to try my hand at making one of these beauties.

    BTW- You don't talk to much. I love your story.

    Again, Congratulations and God bless!
    C

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your blog and am glad to have found it this morning. Lots of wonderful stories (keep talking and writing) and lovely eye-candy. Congratulations on the new Bussted Line. Thanks for sharing you life and heart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad to have found your blog.. this jacket is fabulous.. Love it.

    ReplyDelete