f

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

PJs in Paris

There's nothing better than a lovely pair of pajamas. I can remember when I was a child, taking my evening bath and slipping into a pair of pajamas that my grandmother had made for me. It was the best feeling, all clean with the soothing feeling of the soft material next to my body.
I recently found the pattern in the above picture on Ebay. Oncillakat (the name of the store) has some great patterns. Just be aware, as I'm sure you know, vintage pattern hunting can be a little addicting. Lucky for me, no one else placed a bid on the pattern, so it was an easy purchase.

 I love the list of suggested fabrics, velvet!! What a pair of pajamas that would be.
 The shapes are really quite simple.
 A view of the back of the pattern envelope. The pattern is a size 16 which is a 12 in today's patterns.
And so my fabric. I found this wonderful piece of flannel while I was in Nashville a little over a year ago. I bought 3 1/2 yards thinking that this would be enough. For typical pajamas it would be, but these have flowing legs and the top is longer.
So off to the fabric store. Actually it is for the best. I picked up a piece of the flannel backed satin for pajamas. The pants are going to feel wonderful. Can't wait. But alas, it will be a while before I will be able to wear them to bed. I thought I would do a little contest. If you would like to win a copy of the pattern, (I would give you the original but the pattern is so fragile that a copy will be much better) guess where I will wear the pajamas for the first time. A hint, I need to have them finished by the end of the week. Leave a message on this post. I'll announce the winner on Saturday, February 4th. By the way, you must be a follower to win. If no one guesses correctly, I will randomly choose a winner, so regardless, there will be a winner.
 With visions of Paris dancing in my head.....I'm off to sew.



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

5 comments:

  1. So are you going to wear these at the Haute Couture Club meeting on Saturday?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful pattern! Would it be Paris that you'll be wearing these pj's in?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rhonda, I too would love to say Paris, but maybe it will be your own lovely warm bed?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Back to Colorado? That flannelette would be both beautiful and warm.
    Great pattern from when PJs were PJs.
    Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with Patti. Hope you're going to model these in the fashion show.

    ReplyDelete