f

Monday, November 12, 2012

Monday Morning Inspiration

Gooood Morning Everyone!! I hope your week is starting off well. This morning we had a low of 36 here in Chicago, our first really crisp morning. It felt so good to get out for my morning walk and enjoy the cold air on my face. There's just something about crisp, cold air that makes me happy!
For the past few weeks I've been sharing the vintage catalogues from Modes Royale. Don't worry if you are enjoying those pictures, as I do have more. I just thought I would change it up a bit today and share another catalogue. I had not heard of Originator Fashion Patterns prior to my receiving the catalogues. They began as sketches only for the trade. The catalogues offered manufacturers ideas of the upcoming fashions and they were drawn in such a way that they could easily be copied by a pattern drafter. Ultimately, they became a pattern line and were in business through the 1940's and 50's.
Today I am sharing a catalogue from January of 1949. I have one other catalogue from August of 1950 and I'll share those pictures next Monday. So sit back and scroll through. The details are very interesting.
Enjoy!



































Inspired? I hope so.
Wishing you all a lovely week.
Rhonda



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

6 comments:

  1. These are absolutely stunning. Thank you so much for sharing the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love how creative designs were back then. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful dresses! so, i am now dreaming....
    Thank you for sharing such inspiration! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very elegant and class,it's wonderfull,thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are from a time when ladies really did dress very elegantly. I wish it were like that now. *Sigh*

    ReplyDelete