f

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Sunday's Soup

Last week I said that I would be changing it up a bit for the next few months and posting what I love to cook the most during these months when the weather is beginning to change, soups. I LOVE soup! It's one of my favorite meals and it really doesn't matter what type of soup it is, I just love soup. Today I am going to share one of my concoctions. I try to eat a lot of orange and yellow vegetables since the vitamins are so good for my skin and hair. Any of you who know me know that I have a thick head of hair, so maybe it has worked!! Actually, I was born with a thick full head of hair, so who knows, maybe I've been able to hold on to it due to my diet. I look at it this way, it doesn't hurt to try. Today's soup was made with yellow cauliflower and yellow bell pepper which results in a lovely golden soup. Here's the recipe;
Golden Cream of Cauliflower Soup
1 large head of yellow cauliflower
1 yellow bell pepper
2 medium banana peppers
1 clove of garlic
3 stalks of celery
1 large yellow onion
2 tablespoons of olive oil
2 tablespoons of butter
4 cups of water or broth of your choice
2 cubes of Knorr Vegetable Bouillon
1/8 teaspoon of nutmeg
salt and pepper to taste

 Melt butter in olive oil.
 Add chopped yellow onion and cook until soft, not browned.
Add chopped celery and continue to cook.
 Add yellow bell pepper, banana peppers and garlic.
 The colors are so pretty.
 Any cauliflower will work fine in this soup, but I was going for the golden color.
 Add cauliflower that has been broken apart,
 the vegetable bouillon, 3 cups of water and cook until cauliflower is tender.
 You can see how rich the color is becoming.
You probably noticed that I called this soup "cream" of cauliflower and yet there is no milk or cream listed in the ingredients. My favorite tool in the kitchen is my hand held blender. This will cream the ingredients and you'll never miss the cream or the calories!
Once all the vegetables are tender, insert your wand into the mixture and mix until you have a smooth and creamy consistency. If the soup is a little too thick, add the extra cup of water or broth. Add the nutmeg and salt and pepper to taste. Allow the soup to cook on a low heat for about 10 or 15 minutes just to incorporate all of the flavors. You're ready to eat!
This soup is perfect for an everyday lunch,
or an elegant dinner with friends.
Hope you like the soup!!
Rhonda



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

7 comments:

  1. In french we call it velouté because it is as soft as velvet (velours = velvet)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dora. Thank you for the little French lesson. I took French in school, but sadly have lost most of it. Use it or loose it!!

      Delete
  2. Just catching up on my blog reading after "Sandy" interuption. I love soup too - made chicken orzo and turkey chilli over the weekend for the week. I'm going to give your recipe a try sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love soups and am always looking for more recipes! I'll have to try this one. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks I might try this soup looks really good and healthy...I have thick hair too !

    ReplyDelete