f

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

We Have Our First 100!!

101 to be exact! I received a package from Ilse, the second package mind you, just a few days ago. Inside were 9 more pillowcases! So Ilse, you were the one to put us over the first 100. As I told you last week, I know there are more that are finished, but I don't have them in my hands...yet. Jenny has 26 completed and Dolores has 10, so that's another 36, putting us at 137. But, I really don't like to count chickens before they hatch, so I will patiently wait until they too are in my hands.  
 Of course I have to show off Ilse's work!
I ran out early this morning and took the pictures because they have been forecasting all day that we have a severe thunderstorm coming our way. I could tell that something was up because there was so little wind this morning.
 A little closer look. I absolutely love seeing how everyone so creatively pairs the fabrics. Thank you Ilse for your lovely pillowcases.
In case you are wondering what this project is all about, I am collecting pillowcases for a children's hospital is Tacoma, Washington, Mary Bridge. Every month they pass out 900 pillowcases to the children who are being treated. They find that the pillowcases add a bright touch to an all too white room, and the parents are greatly touched by the generosity of so many kind people who take the time to make a pillowcase.
I will be collecting pillowcases until the end of summer. I am hoping for 900. I'm very optimistic and I am trusting that we'll get there :-)
If you would like to participate, here is a link to the instructions,  http://siterepository.s3.amazonaws.com/00569201012271239106026.pdf
Email me at sewbussted@yahoo.com and let me know that you would like to participate. It's not necessary, I just enjoy hearing from you!
Thank you to all who have so generously donated to this project.
The next pillowcase pictures will be of all 101 hanging in the breeze. I think it will be a beautiful sight!!!
Thanks again.
Rhonda



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

5 comments: