f

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

We Should All Have a Box of This

A few weeks ago I asked a question and said that the first person to answer correctly would receive a small prize. Well, Marie Noelle of   http://lamachinacoudre.blogspot.com/ jumped on this and answered with lightening speed. So here is the prize,
 I absolutely love this stuff and cannot be without it.
 Mine is full of lint and I even see a spec of glitter. Maybe I should clean off the top.
 If you've never used this to condition your thread, begin by threading your needle. Then hold the thread down with your thumb and pull the thread through the wax.
Once the thread has been pulled through the wax, iron the thread with a hot iron to set the product. I know it sounds like a lot of extra work, but believe me, once you start doing this, you'll wonder how you ever lived without it. Thread glides through fabric beautifully and does not get tangled up or knot. I absolutely love this product. You should be able to find it at your local fabric store. Marie Noelle, you should be able to find one soon in your mailbox!!!



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

10 comments:

  1. Yes, yes, yes; I love this little product. One container of it lasts a very long time, probably longer than I will!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto! This IS the best little product and sews like butter. Not having to wrestle with tangled threads is worth the extra minute or two preparing for use.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so much neater than my stub of beeswax candle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But does your beeswax candle get the job done? I am reading to see how this does better than beeswax?

      Delete
  4. Another notion to add to my list for my next sewing trip! Could have really used it last weekend when I had to sew on 10 buttons and the knotting and twisting made it take forever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to test that new to me sewing notion. Undoubtably better than the candle stick I use for beeswax lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anyone know of a supplier in Australia or an online source that will ship there?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Thread Heaven. But I don't iron it; the instructions don't call for it and I never noticed the need. Why do you iron yours?

    Also, when the top gets dirty, you can just flip over the cube in the container to get a clean side (obviously limited to the number of sides).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The ironing sets the product and even strengthens the thread.
      I should have at least turned it over before I photographed my wax!!!!

      Delete
    2. Giggles at Rhonda. Don't you love those "duh" moments?

      Delete