f

Friday, January 9, 2015

Paris Fashion

Good Morning Everyone!!! I was supposed to be in Denver, Colorado this morning taping the 2015 sew along videos for Sew News. On Tuesday, I felt my throat getting sore and it progressed as the day wore on. By yesterday, my voice was gone and I now sound like a frog who swallowed a frog!! It seems that I am far from alone as many in America are suffering from the same thing. Silly me, I really thought that with all the vitamin rich whatevers I put in my body, I would somehow not be at risk. Surprise!!!! Thankfully I'm a little better this morning, but not up for the regular Fabulous Free Pattern Friday post. So I thought I would check in and share something rather pretty.
One of the perks of the Wednesday Showcase, for me anyway, is the friends that I have made over the years. Jacqueline, who blogs at http://foliedemode.blogspot.com/, is one that holds a very special place in my heart. She is such a lovely woman in every way. Quite often she posts the loveliest videos. Jacqueline recently posted videos that showcased an exhibit of fashion in France from 1947 to 1957. You can find the videos that she posted HERE. After I watched the videos that she posted, I found a few more that I thought were especially nice. The first one has wonderful music, but the fashion is a little difficult to see. On the other hand, it gives a nice feel of the exhibit. The second is truly lovely as they focus a little more on the garments.  
The first video is less than 3 minutes, and the second less than 2. So neither will take a lot of time. But I think you'll want to see the second a few times :)



Recently, Paco Peralta posted the loveliest video on his Facebook page. It's a retrospective of Givenchy. It's a little over 7 minutes long, but WELL worth seeing. You can find it here, http://vimeo.com/114119486
A little good news about Paco. He's doing well and even better he's back!!! You can find his lovely pattern line HERE
Wishing you a lovely and healthy day!!!
Rhonda



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

4 comments:

  1. Hi Rhonda, hope you are feeling better soon. Thanks for the links. Something nice to watch while having a cup of tea :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just such a pity to see all the horrible things that are going on in France at the moment. At least this brings us back to the beauty. I really enjoyed the videos too.

      Delete
  2. Merci Rhonda, we are deeply moved by all the support from friends like you worldwide.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My heart breaks when I turn on the news. The fact that anyone can be brain washed into believing that mrder and violence is appropriate in any situation is so disturbing. I pray for your continued safety.

      Delete