f

Sunday, April 26, 2015

Eating For Your Future/Brussels Sprouts and Quinoa Salad

We all have childhood food memories that are far from pleasant. For me, dinner was always a dreaded event. Had I been given a bowl of rice with butter, I would have been a very happy little girl, but of course, that was not the case. Brussels sprouts were one of the worst foods, bitter and just all around unpleasant. Thankfully, I have learned how to cook them so that they are not bitter and they are now a dish that I absolutely love. We change :) 
I came across this recipe for a Brussels Sprouts and Quinoa Salad. Since I could eat quinoa everyday of the week, I had to give it a try. Quinoa is an all around great food, mixes well with so many dishes and supplies a complete protein.
The salad is delicious! I recommend making it up ahead of time and giving it a little time to sit so that the flavors really come together. The salad will refrigerate and keep well for lunches.

I enjoy dried cranberries that are infused with orange oil, so I used those in this recipe and it really enhanced the orange vinaigrette. My chives are up, so I think I will garnish the salad with some fresh chives as well. Other than using red quinoa, I made no other changes to the recipe. 
You can find the recipe and a great printable version HERE. I think you'll love it!!! 



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

3 comments:

  1. Another great salad to make! I should have taken a pic of your arugula and asparagus salad I made...I added avocado and tuna to it and it was a big hit! Thank you for all these awesome ideas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julie, this recipe is from the same website as the arugula pasta salad.
      I love avocado! I'm going to have to add it to my salad the next time I make it. Avocado would make a nice addition to this salad as well.

      Delete
  2. I'll be making this soon. We love brussels sprouts and quinoa. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete