f

Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Men Of The Cloth/Tailoring Inspiration

Whether it's on a man or a woman, I LOVE a well tailored suit. 
Just a few days ago, I came across this fascinating website, Tailor Made London.  The company was born out of a desire to bring elite tailoring to a mass market. Their secret is 3D body scanning. In just 10 seconds, the laser body scanner takes 1000s of precise measurements which allows them to then create a garment that fits perfectly. Wow, what a dream! 
On their site, they have the most inspirational tailoring pictures. Take a look.

D-shaped Bar tacks.
The lovely stitching on a Dupont Pocket.
Hand stitched detail on the facings.
Side adjusters on a pair of slacks.
A tacked buttonhole.
The precisely hand stitched sleeve lining.
You can check out more of these beautifully detailed pictures HERE.
The company does have a blog. THIS is a very interesting article on jacket construction.  

Hope you've enjoyed this little bit of tailoring inspiration. I'm ready to pack up, move to London and work for this company! They probably wouldn't have me, but that's okay, one can dream :)



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

10 comments:

  1. Omg. I got slightly aroused looking at these pictures. I love tailoring, it always looks so neat and tidy. I hope I will someday have some tailoring skills, to make my two piece 40s suit ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for this. It is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I would have never even thought of 3-D printing and sewing together. Amazing.
    Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these. Thanks for the inspiration, Rhonda.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy that you enjoyed it. I feel like a little child drooling over toys for Christmas. What a treat one of these suits would be :)

      Delete
  5. Beautiful! Its those small things that make tailoring so special.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this is yummy sewing, very impressive! Now when will the women of the world have access to such sizing and fit?

    ReplyDelete
  7. As beautiful as the inside of a Chanel - - what a great idea for a business!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is right up my alley! Thanks for the links!

    ReplyDelete