f

Sunday, January 31, 2016

The Beret/A Video

Last November, I made this beret pattern available and so many of you have asked for the pattern. Berets are easy to make and fun to wear.
I found this picture and thought I would include it to give you an idea of the comparison of how I wear my beret and how this model is wearing her hat. Her's has not been pulled down quite as far as I have mine. In the video, you'll see why I pull mine down a little more. Both look to be the same size.  
In the video, I also show you a beret that I made out of fur, the real thing. It was left over from a coat that I repurposed. 

Like I said in the video, if you have any other questions, be sure to ask. I'll do my best to answer. 
If you would like the pattern, just email me at sewbussted@yahoo.com and I'll send it your way.
You can find the post I did on fur HERE. There will be more :)



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

6 comments:

  1. I love this video! I felt like the V-8 commercial, *BOINK!* "What a good idea!" (Ok, please tell me that video is still around somewhere, haha) Make a lovely, matching hat out of smaller bits of yardage? Man, yea. Who doesn't want a pretty put-together outfit like that? The real bell ringer for me was your beautiful use of the fur and your headband; can you talk a bit more about the yarn/weight you used? It looks so cosy and nice. Thank you again for everything you share here, is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both your berets look so cute on you. I have never liked them on me but perhaps I wasn't wearing them correctly :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With your cute head!!!!! I think you would look adorable!

      Delete
  3. Hats are the best accessory going. I wear them all the time. Your beret is quite cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm looking forward to reading about your experiences refashioning that "heritage" fur. I have a coat of my mother's from that era, and have always wanted to do something with it that will honor the creatures as well as flatter the wearer.

    ReplyDelete