f

Wednesday, August 3, 2016

The Wednesday Showcase

The past week was super busy as my husband and I hosted a student. We had so much fun. Everyday was an adventure. It was like summer camp on steroids!!! We went canoeing, biking, learned to sew, took a ride in the airplane and learned all about what's involved to ensure a safe trip. Took in a play, and enjoyed an outdoor concert at Millennium Park. We saw a wonderful artist, Jose Gonzales. Sadly, I had never heard of him before, but he is one of her favorite artists, so she was super excited about having the opportunity to see him in concert. If you have never heard of Jose Gonzales, check him out, I think like me you will find a new artist that you really enjoy :)

Not to completely bore you, but I just had to share 2 more photos from my trip to the Butterflies and Blooms exhibit at the Chicago Botanical Gardens. I promise that it will be the last :)
Check out this guy, so beautiful. 


This is the actual setting. Could anything be more beautiful?!!! When I saw where the butterfly had landed, I immediately knew that I had to paint this.

 This piece is part of a series of paintings, or will be I should say. 


Here's the sketch of the after of the above picture. This is the rough sketch. I've now transferred it on to my paper and have begun painting. I gave him a bit of a whimsical feel by giving him a fat little body. So you can see that I do love butterflies :) 



Today is not supposed to be about me, so let's take a look at a few lovely bloggers whom you may not know.

First up is Lori of Monkeyroom. She's an American living in Germany. As you'll see, she has so many interests, and does them all so well.
I included the picture below as I thought it was just such a pretty picture of Lori :) 


Lori loves to sew and makes lots of great tops. I especially liked this Simplicity top. The neckline is so pretty. 


Lori wasn't so sure about this jacket, but I think it's fabulous. 


She loves to knit. Check out the great sweater she made for her husband, and all those socks!!!


And last, but not at all least, she loves to weave. Check out her blog and you can see the finished scarf. Such a nice piece. 
BTW, you can find Lori on Pattern Review HERE.



Next up is a lady who is brand new to my blog, but I have a feeling that most of you know her, and if you don't, then it's about time!!! Meet Patti of Not Dead Yet Style


She's not a sewist, and she doesn't cook, but she loves who she is, where she is in life, and is celebrating every moment of her life with style. And even better, she invites all of us to join along with her post, Visible Mondays. Each and every Monday, Patti invites all of us to link up to her post and celebrate our style, whether you made your garment or not. So ladies, for those of us who sew, this is a great opportunity to shout to the world that not only do we have style, but we're making that style with our own two hands! 
You'll also find wonderful articles on just about how to wear anything at any age, like how to wear a sundress, or bare your shoulders at any age.  So pop over and discover her blog, I know you'll be happy that you did :)

Have a wonderful day!
Rhonda



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

7 comments:

  1. I am so honored to be in your Wednesday showcase!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! It's so cool to see Patti on The Wednesday Showcase! Visible Monday was the first link up that I ever took part in and it's always been my favourite! I've met so many wonderful women through Visible Monday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm grateful for everyone who decides to follow my blog, but it was quite a sweet surprise when I saw that Patti had found me :)

      Delete
  3. Rhonda, it's so lovely to see a friend (Lori) and another blogger I follow, Patti! Those pics from the botanic garden are gorgeous! And you can DRAW, too?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rhonda, Your drawing/paintings are so beautiful. Reminds me of Beatrix Potter's works. One of my favorite persons from the past. You are so very talented! I love Lori's jacket and the handbags this past week. I get such good ideas for fabric choices! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a lovely compliment Nancy. I have always loved Beatrix Potter's work. You really made my day!

      Delete