f

Wednesday, April 26, 2017

The Wednesday Showcase

It looks like the storms will soon be rolling in to Chicago. My Gracie absolutely hates rain, or being wet in any way for that matter, so she is safely sitting behind my chair, tucked into the corner. When Little Bit was still alive, and I would take the dogs to the beach, Little Bit loved everything about the water, chasing the little birds, running through the water. Gracie would be in the dunes, as far away from the water as she could be. God forbid her toes got wet! :)  

As I've said in the past, the Wednesday Showcase is typically reserved for those who are following my blog. Just a little way of saying thank you, thank you, thank you :) But, there are times when something comes up that I just have to share. Such is the case today.

If you don't know Tracy of Tracy's Sewing Studio, then you are in for a big treat! Not only is she an incredible sewist, she's an artist.

Her husband is a master brewer for Yellow Springs Brewery, and they recently rebranded their cans. Tracy was inspired, and you won't believe what she did!


She cut butterfly shapes from the cans. 


Made a dress and attached the butterflies. Amazing!!! 


Isn't this just lovely?!! 
The dress was entered into a juried art show. I hope she won.


On her post, Tracy included a video so you can see exactly how she attached the butterflies to the dress. So pop over, you'll find so much inspiration on her blog.


Next up is the loveliest lady. I met her when I went to the sewing expo in Puyallup to audition for the Sew It All program. As it turns out, we have many things in common, and one in particular is she too flies an airplane!!! In fact, she is super lucky as she actually lives at an airpark. Her name is Kathy and she blogs at Running With Rocket, named lovingly after her dog Rocket.

Kathy is so incredibly creative. Below is a clothesline bowl that she recently made as a gift at Easter. I just love how she used the thread to give definition.


There are so many tutorials on her blog, but I decided to showcase this one for baked potato bags. She says that these bags put out the fluffiest potatoes one could ever want.


Kathy makes the most incredible cards. On the left is a picture of a friend's horse, and on the right, the card she made for her. Look closely and you'll see an airplane in the background :)


On her blog, you'll find not only fabulous ideas, Kathy shares recipes AND her very green thumb! On the left is a picture of her blooming jade plant. I'm so jealous!!!


Kathy also has an Etsy store, so if you see something on the blog, love it, but would rather not spend the timing making it, you can most likely find it there. 

Have a wonderful day! I hope you are able to squeeze in a little time just for you :)
Rhonda



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

6 comments:

  1. I am humbled to be featured. Thank you. I enjoy reading your blog so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was such a pleasure to meet you, and I'm so sorry that I didn't do this sooner.

      Delete
  2. I am delighted to see the sewing and art from Yellow Springs. I don't know how much you know about Yellow Springs, but it is a very very small community, but incredibly artsy. I love it there. It's terrific window shopping, great places to eat, and best of all only 20 minutes from Springfield, Ohio where I live.

    I must go and meet this lovely lady. Such wonderful talent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so happy that I could make a connection for you!!!

      Delete
  3. Oh wow - that dress is absolutely spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That dress is fabulous and I love the baked potato pouches! You always find the best blogs...such a treat!

    ReplyDelete