f

Friday, May 19, 2017

Sewbussted's Material Witness and The Mahogany Stylist

Once I decided to go after my dream of doing video interviews, I quickly realized that there is a wealth of amazing talent right here in Chicago. 

If you don't know The Mahogany Stylist, and even if you do, I think you will enjoy getting to know her beyond the pictures. She's a wonderfully talented woman who loves to share her passion of sewing.


Her style ranges from classic and refined, 

 
To hip and fun!


My goal in doing the video was to give you a dual format, you actually get to experience the essence of who the person is by seeing them speak, but you may also just listen. After I did the interview, I played it back while I was driving home. Don't worry, I didn't watch!!!, I just listened. I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed just listening. So, if you have time to watch, great, but if not, just put it on while you are sewing and enjoy the conversation.  

Cennetta has been blogging for quite some time so I thought you would enjoy hearing about her journey, and if you are contemplating a new blog, I also thought her story would be quite inspiring. Enjoy!



Be sure to check out Cennetta's blog, The Mahogany Stylist. I know you'll be inspired by all she does.

A little side note about our flight, it didn't happen. As I was checking the engine prior to take-off, I heard something that concerned me, and I saw that there was a slight negative charge on the amp meter. Since I've experienced an electrical failure in the past, I know the signs and I opted to cancel the flight. Disappointing, but as I told Cennetta, we live to see another day :)



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

6 comments:

  1. I've been following The Mahogany Stylist for YEARS! The interview was wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy you enjoyed it! Cennetta is such a lovely and talented person.

      Delete
  2. I loved hearing Cenetta's story . I've followed her blog for a few years . She has great style !
    Thanks Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Cenetta's blog. Her garments are utterly gorgeous. What a talent and very stylish. Thank you for sharing this. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for this fun interview. I have been following Cenetta's blog and truly enjoy it! Besides being so talented, you can tell she is a down-to-earth person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She truly is! For quite some time, she had a link on her blog to all of my posts on the Sew News blog. Never asked, she just did it. A lovely lady inside and out 😊

      Delete