f

Thursday, March 8, 2018

Whew!

The only way I can begin today is with...

WHEW!!!

Some days are just whew kinda days. We all have them, can't avoid them. My mother has been quite ill for some time now, and in the hospital for over 6 weeks. Although she is not completely out of the woods, it looks like she will be going home tomorrow. Hopefully being home, and a change of scenery will help her to make the final turn around. As with any story, there are many layers to what has happened. I also find it interesting just how deeply this has all affected me. Events that happened when I was 14, 15 years old have all come back as if they are being played out in living color. My husband has been my rock. I'll share something he told me as I think many of us need to be reminded from time to time...

You can't make sick people well 
By making well people sick.

I have some exciting news to share, but rather than share it in this post, I'll do another post later today. It involves some fun new toys, and an ambassadorship. Now who would ever think of me as an ambassador???? :)


Have a lovely day!
Rhonda



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

6 comments:

  1. Wise words from your husband!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear your mum hasn't been well. Its a hard time when your parents aren't well or are near the end. I like to think of it as a special time when we can give back to them. Not easy to see though when we are in the midst of it. And on a fun note - an ambassardship! Looking forward to hearing all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love and totally agree with what your DH said! My Dad has his first heart attach at the age of 47; I was in the 5th grade. My Mom made herself sick with worry and by the time my Dad was able to return home, she was unable (Phyically) to go the the hospital to pick him up. The friend who brought him home (and I went along for the ride) said to my sister and me, you may need a second hospital bed for your mother! Things did get better in a few days. Whew!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I certainly can see you as an Ambassador. I'm guessing Pfaff. Sorry about your Mom. I'm doing one-day-at-a-time with mine. Some days get pretty tough, but most are good. Many childhood memories come back. I know what you mean.
    Hugs, Joy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear about your mom. Prayers for her and you too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I love your husband's words. Very applicable to my life right now. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete